Friday, October 21, 2011

More surplus ammo...

Still digging. Found the following:
  1. Another full 20-rd box of Cor-Bon 10mm Auto 200gr FMJ "Penetrators".
  2. A 20-rd box of Hornady 10mm Auto 155gr XTP JHP with 11 rds left.
  3. A 20-rd box of Triton 10mm Auto 155gr "Quik-Shok" with 7 rds left.
  4. A 50-rd box of Remington UMC .40 165gr FMJ with 10 loaded rds and 6 pieces of spent brass. (I am assuming that this has something to do with my recent ownership of a S&W Model 646...)
  5. A 50-rd factory box labeled Remington UMC .40 180gr FMJ, but which actually contains odd lots of .40 S&W factory JHP: A couple PMC Starfires, a few Hydra-Shoks, some Winchester, some Gold Dot, some Georgia Arms factory new 135gr Gold Dots (I used to think that load was the berries for some reason...) for a total of 28 rounds.
Still not sure what to do with all this stuff...

12 comments:

Erin Palette said...

If you dig up any 7.62x54R, I'll gladly take that off your hands.

JohnW said...

You obviously need to buy a .40 Hi-Power. I mean, you already have all this ammo...

DaddyBear said...

Yeah, I'm seeing a pattern here. Lots of 10mm and .40. Were you experimenting with hand cannons and short hand cannons back in the day?

Gewehr98 said...

Disassemble the .40 Short & Weak ammo for the 10mm bullets, then handload for the latter. (My Colt Delta Elite heartily approves of the process!)

Robb Allen said...

Looking at the price of 10mm ammo, you are part of the 1%.

Tam said...

Robb,
The price tag on the Hornady XTP reads "$12.95". Makes ya want to cry, don't it?

Erin,
I've got tons of 7.62x54, but I also have tons of guns chambered for it. :)

G98,
But I don't have anything chambered in 10mm anymore. (And buying something in 10mm is way down the list of priorities.)

Gewehr98 said...

I wasn't thinking about you, Tam.

I was thinking about my ravenous Delta Elite! ;-)

Don M said...

Another approach would be to get a revolver (S&W of course) in 10mm.

That way you can shoot both 10mm and .40S&W.

I always like the 10mm. If I inherited a small banana republic, I would equip the infantry and police with 10mm Carbines and Pistols as their side arms rather than the common 'assault rifle' that is stylish today. 10mm revolvers would be provided for those who didn't care for the 10mm, to enable them to use .40S&W as 'standard B' substitute. Further, rather than a light machine gun, I would equip each tactical vehicle or infantry squad with a machine gun in .50 BMG.

jakeblade said...

I'm tellin' ya, I have a 10mm and a S&W 610 that need feeding.
jakeblade9 +at+ yahoo.com.
I'll be in Indy 11/11/11.

Erin Palette said...

Tam, I tried asking this on Facebook but you didn't reply: I have a friend, Shari Hill, who lives in South Bend and is interested in learning to shoot. Can you recommend someone to give her lessons?

Brad K. said...

Tam,

What to do? Why, donate it to the American Cancer Society, with a certified statement that you aren't an atheist this week. Take the tax write-off.

PA State Cop said...

I call dibs on the 10 MM. See you next month.