Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Who ordered this weather?

There's a cold wind blowing out of Mordor-on-the-Lake to the northwest. Today's high temperature was 56 degrees, and that was at about 0300.

It was fifty when I woke up, should hit forty-five somewhere around noon, and despite clear and sunny skies, the mercury will cross into the thirties about the time the sun re-crosses the horizon, on its way to a good hard freeze tonight. It was a swell Injun summer while it lasted.

And now for the part of the year that makes Gunsmith Bob refer to the place as "far-off frozen cold north yankee land".

10 comments:

GreatBlueWhale said...

Remembering your posts from last winter, might be time for the preemptive purchase of a very strong light. I got one of these and it's made a huge difference in my energy and alertness levels. http://www.amazon.com/BlueMax-Full-Spectrum-Dimmable-Desk/dp/B000KU7NBO/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1321450986&sr=8-3

Ruth said...

Yah, I'm scheduled to have snow here tomorrow.....am not amused (even if we are behind the "normal" snowfall, I'm good with that!)

Tam said...

GBW,

Friend staghounds procured a Magic Sunshine Lamp for me last winter. Made all the difference in the world!

Fuzzy Curmudgeon said...

Works for me, warm weather this late in November is just unnatural!

Of course, now the distaff whining about Florida will commence. *sigh* :)

DaddyBear said...

Guess I'm weird. I like the darker, colder parts of the year. Of course, Irish Woman claims I'm half cave troll, so that may just be par for the course.

AJD said...

And to think that I've ended up moving from VA, to just the other side of Mordor from you.
(sigh)

Anonymous said...

I think I went on my last bicycle ride until April here in beautiful Cleveland. Our motto here is "hey, at least we aren't Detroit!"

Our weather, economy, and pitiful sports teams combine to make you want to just down a bottle of vodka while watching the bath water turn red.

Lergnom said...

A friend said full-spectrum lamps and st. John's wort weren't doing it for him in SAD season, so he moved from chilly Philly to ft. Lauderdale.
Seemed to do the trick.
Women in skimpy swimwear 24/7-365 may or may not have contributed.

North said...

My thermometer says 15.

the pawnbroker said...

84 and sticky here. Bleh.