Sunday, May 01, 2016

pewpewpew

Yesterday I took a little Saturday morning range trip with the Steyr C9-A1. I dragged it and a hundred rounds of 9mm FMJ ammo to Indy Arms Company: fifty rounds of CCI Blazer Brass 115gr FMJ and my last fifty rounds of Sig Sauer's Elite Performance 9mm 115gr FMJ, courtesy of Sig Sauer.

The pistol experienced a failure to go completely into battery with one round of CCI Blazer Brass, on round #16 of the day (#116 of the test.) All fifty rounds of Sig Sauer 115gr functioned without a hiccup.

While I was not chronoing anything, the Sig ammo was noticeably warmer than the tepid 115gr Blazer Brass. The latter barely dibbled out of the ejection port, where the former ejected forcefully through a narrow arc that ran from just over my right shoulder to right at the brim of my cap. Good argument for brimmed caps and eye pro.

This makes 200 rounds fired through the Steyr C9-A1 without cleaning or lubing, with one failure-to-fire (#8) and one failure to go completely into battery (#116). 1,800 rounds left to go.
.