Saturday, April 28, 2018

Getting Dirtier

Friday morning I stopped in at Indy Arms Co. with another two hundred rounds of 124gr FMJ CCI Blazer Brass ammo and the Smith & Wesson 5906.

The front sight had gotten so dirty that it was hard to get a good sight picture against the gray-black of the target, especially considering that I use my Wiley X Air Rage sunglasses as safety glasses on the indoor range.

The hundred rounds at the head on the target was actually fired much faster than the lower hundred rounds, since the sights were readily visible against the lighter background. I concentrated on a good grip and a sight picture and just trusted my trigger finger the Do The Right Thing. It was pretty zen for a bit there.

I mean, I know how to pull a trigger without disturbing the sight picture; I do it often enough in dry-fire. It's just a matter of controlling the gun in live fire and letting my trigger finger work. This came from following a discussion where Bruce Gray was talking about how there's no real necessary tradeoff between speed and accuracy. I need to go find that and see if he'll let me quote some of it.

Anyway, there were no malfunctions of any type to report.

This brings the total rounds fired through the 5906 to 500 since the gun was last cleaned or lubed, with no malfunctions of any type to report. 1500 rounds to go.
.