Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Z-Day

Nikon has officially launched their much-rumored retro-styled mirrorless camera, the Zfc...

Under the sexy retro magnesium outer shell, it's a Z50, but with an articulated screen and those knurled aluminum control knobs.

I don't know that I'd be into going back to a crop sensor body for my main work camera, but if I were shooting a Z6 or Z7 for work, then I'd definitely snatch one of these up as a walkabout fun body.

The problem, of course, is that a bunch of my Nikon glass is the older screw-drive type and the FTZ adapter doesn't have a drive motor in it, so they'd be manual-focus only. It looks like my eventual return to full-frame mirrorless for a work camera is going to be via Canon's R system, since my current Canon autofocus lenses will port over seamlessly on a factory EF-to-RF adapter.

I still want a Df, though. Someday.

.