Tuesday, June 01, 2021

That was difficult.

I did most of my shooting with the 5D Mark II wearing the EF 70-200mm f/2.8L, with the 2X extender...


...giving me, effectively, a 140-400mm f/5.6 lens. I opted to use the older 5D Mark II instead of my 5DS because the 50MP sensor on the newer camera was going to expose every wobble. As it was, I was shooting at ISO 250 and fairly wide open, in order to keep shutter speeds as high as possible. I'm a total rookie at this kind of shooting.

The camera body weighs about 28.5 ounces, the lens about 46.25, and the extender adds about another half pound, for an all-up weight of nearly five and a quarter pounds. I felt the after-effects of swinging it around all day. Panning was hard and pretty hit-or-miss.




Palou, in the blue and white #10 car, and Castroneves in the black and pink #06, swapped the lead seemingly every other lap over the last few dozen, making an exciting first Indy 500 experience. With an average speed of 190.69mph, it was the fastest ever, too.

.