Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Backup...

The other day I was fixing to go for a walk and went to grab a camera as I was headed out. It was snowing pretty good and I reckoned I'd want something reasonably weather-resistant, so I grabbed my "work camera", a Canon EOS 5DS.

Then I hesitated. I have work I need to do with that camera. TacCon is coming up. The sidewalks are slippery. Suppose I fall and bust ass and land on the camera? What if I have to shoot TacCon with one of my older cameras?

And then I remembered that I'd shot TacCon in 2017 with an old Nikon D200 and in 2018 with an Olympus PEN E-P5, both with consumer-grade zoom lenses, and it worked out just fine. If there's one thing I'm not short on around here, it's obsolescent cameras that still work just fine.

So I unclenched and went for my walk.



.