Friday, February 03, 2023

Cheep! Cheep!

Out for a walk yesterday with the EOS 1D Mark IV & EF 70-200mm f/4L IS combo. It was sunny and nearly forty degrees here in SoBro.


By holding the camera in front of my face and sidling along the sidewalk slowly, I was able to get right up in this robin's grille.


Cardinals, on the other hand, aren't as easily fooled. They're pretty standoff-ish.


In fact, I thought I'd completely missed the one below when I initially chimped the image on the back of the camera. 

I'd been fiddling with the aperture, trying to get the depth-of-field shallow enough to pick him out of the branches there on the left side of the photo, and as I was hitting the shutter release, he flew off. It wasn't until I looked at it on my desktop monitor that I noticed the little fella making his exit, stage left.

1/4,000th @ f/4.5, ISO400