Tuesday, July 04, 2023

Lucy keeps moving the football.

While Amazon has been great as a source of household staples like toilet paper, cat litter, and various snack foods, I have been unable to successfully complete an Amazon Fresh order of soda for over a month now.

On at least four occasions I've placed an order for a few different varieties of Diet Mountain Dew or Diet Coke and a couple twelve packs of non-caffeinated sodas like Fresca or Sprite Zero (I've been trying to avoid caffeine past mid-afternoon lately in hopes of improving my sleep) and selected a delivery time later that afternoon or the next day. The scheduled delivery time will come and go and I'll wind up getting a text message in the middle of the night letting me know that my order could not be completed and has been cancelled.

It's a bummer, because Amazon's soda prices are pretty comparable to the ones at Meijer or Preston Safeway, and I'd gladly pay the delivery fee for the convenience of having a week's worth of soft drinks dropped on the porch rather than all the hassle of schlepping them to and from the car myself.

I'm about done trying with them.

For bonus cheekiness, check out the email they sent immediately on the heels of the one letting me know they'd cancelled my order...



.