Monday, November 13, 2023

Gauging the Pull

Back when I got asked to do my first for-pay gun review I picked up an inexpensive RCBS trigger pull gauge, the spring-loaded kind that's like a fish scale. It read up to eight pounds, and so I'd occasionally have to borrow some calibrated trigger weights if I was testing a pistol or revolver with a double-action trigger...or an unusually crappy single-action one.

A...uh...recent test pistol's trigger made me think that the eight pound scale might not be enough, so I finally broke down and splurged on a modern digital Lyman trigger pull gauge from BezosMart.

It has the advantage of giving output in pounds and ounces, rather than the eighth-of-a-pound hashmarks on the RCBS unit. Further, it can do a string of ten pulls and spit out an average. Handy!