Sunday, March 10, 2024

Incremental Improvements


I'm currently working with a Rost Martin RM1C for an upcoming review in Shooting Illustrated.

It arrived with an RMR-compatible optics plate, and the Swampfox Justice I had on hand bolted right up.

I like the fact that all RM1C's are optics-ready, rather than the annoying tendency, all too common among manufacturers, of releasing a non-optics model first and then...one or two SHOT Shows later...releasing an optics cut model like it's some big event.

Normally, here in 2024 I'd gripe about the fact that the optics cut wasn't deep enough to allow the normal height irons to co-witness, and the fact that the slide required adaptor plates rather than being cut to allow direct mounting using the RMSC or 507k footprint. Rost Martin gets a bye from me on this one, however, because it's not an entirely new design, but rather an Americanized version of the AREX Delta Gen.2 from Slovenia.

.