Wednesday, March 20, 2024

So anyway, I started blasting...


So I slapped a Swampfox Justice on the Rost Martin RM1C and took it to Indy Arms the other morning as part of a trip to help longtime friend-of-the-blog Global Village Idiot’s daughter pick out a pistol.

I brought along a box of Winchester 124gr NATO ball and figured I could get the lane next to theirs and put some work in with the new review gun while ducking into their lane every now and again to offer pointers and get feedback. The pistols she was considering were a Glock 43X, a Shield Plus, and a Taurus GX4.

I ran the pistol-training.com Q-PT target out to seven yards and popped off three shots at the center of the 8” circle, just to see how close to zeroed the dot was. They made one ragged hole about two inches high and right.

Rather than fiddle with adjustments that morning, I just started putting five and ten rounds in the magazine at a time and hosing. And I mean hosing.

Other than that one shot out of the circle at 12 o’clock, which came from getting a little bit too aggressive while prepping during recoil (b-BANG!), I’m really very pleasantly surprised, especially since the PD10 is the only striker gat I’ve put in much trigger time with over the last several months, since I'd been mostly shooting revolvers and the Walther PD380.