Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Blog Stuff: I lurve my car CD changer...

Now playing at the Beemer Ampitheater:

Disc 1: U2, Achtung Baby
Disc 2: No Doubt, Tragic Kingdom
Disc 3: Faith No More, Angel Dust
Disc 4: Concrete Blonde, Bloodletting
Disc 5: Alanis Morissette, Jagged Little Pill
Disc 6: Nouvelle Vague, Nouvelle Vague

A little darker than usual overall, but still with something for most any mood. Angel Dust is great for getting amped up on the drive to work, and Bloodletting is near perfect for top-down cruising on a foggy, wet night, just after it's stopped raining...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bloodletting and Tragic Kingdom were the only two I recognized. Will have to find those others. ;)

Paul said...

Nice selections.

You need an MP3-CD player, girl.

phlegmfatale said...

Bloodletting - timelessly wonderful, oui? LOVE it.

NotClauswitz said...

I like the Concrete Blond, "Joey" I imagined was written for a Ramone, it couldda?

Countertop said...

nothing is playing in my Jeep . . . its sitting in the shop awaiting an exhaust manifold and swiping $1100 from me (by by Bag Day refund).

My wife's car though has Johnny Cash's Greatest Hits, Radiohead Kid-A, the Dead at Red Rocks (august 77), the Veggie Tales, and the Wiggles.

Gewehr98 said...

You damn betcha, I can just imagine the evening fog and the speakers blaring Johnette:

"I got the ways and means
to New Orleans
I'm going down by the river
where it's warm and green..."

(One of my proverbial desert island CDs, myself, right there next to Houses of the Holy and Toy Matinee)

Speaking of driving and jamming, ever see a B52H do low altitude rudder-only turns in rhythm to Chubby Checker's 'Let's do the Twist', as piped through the plane's interphone system? Purely majestic.