Saturday, April 01, 2006

Blog Stuff: Notes from a Day Off.

Living in the woods is fun. It meant that my first priority yesterday was to get the Beemer to the Simoniz joint and have all 75 pounds of guano hosed off the exterior and the dead leaves vaccuumed from the carpets. Had to take a rain check, literally, on the waxing.

Have I mentioned how much I like the soft pretzels and hot beer cheese dip at Calhoun's? Yes? Okay, have I mentioned that I'm such a creature of habit that I always eat them the same way? That's right, I have a little routine down for which piece of the pretzel gets dipped in mustard and which gets dipped in cheese and in which order. It's only slightly more complex than a Japanese tea ceremony. The waitstaff probably thinks I'm nuts...

Read somewheres around three quarters of The Barbarian Princess. As a fan of Miss King, as well as a fan of historical novels that are factually correct, I love it. I probably bothered folks around me by cackling wildly every time Lydda screamed "Desiste!", though. (...and remember: "Desistite!" As Florence reminds us, gang rape takes the plural.)

Mash House Hoppy Hour IPA: If you like hoppy beers, tool over to Leaf & Ale and get you some. Yum.

3 comments:

phlegmfatale said...

OMG - you are the funniest damned chick. I think we would be partners in crime if we lived near each other. LOVED the Rashomon reference (wow, firearms, books AND obscure films wrapped in a clever package?) You're TOO much!

Anyway, I can totally relate to the pretzel ritual thingie. After you posted that you were expecting the TBP, I hastened to Amazon AND ebay in search of the blessed tome, and came up empty-handed, of course. Thanks for the reminder - I've startled other diners when reading "Confessions of a Failed Southern Lady" in a restaurant, so I can totally relate. Some of the best reading, ever. Last year, I spent lots of pool time with "The FK Reader." Great stuff!

phlegmfatale said...

Wow, I just checked ebay, and acquired TBP using the Buy It Now feature. Cost me $18 & change. Woohoo! We'll have to swap notes.

Tam said...

I can just about guar-on-tee that you'll like it. I'm pencilling my review right now. :)