Monday, May 01, 2006

Blog Stuff: The Five Stages of Waking Up.

  1. Denial: "That's not really the alarm clock going off."
  2. Anger: "Oh, holy crap it is! And I didn't get a wink of sleep with that psychotic cat licking my nose all night!"
  3. Bargaining: "I'm just going to hit the snooze button one more time."
  4. Depression: "If I hit the snooze button again, I'll be late. I just can't face this anymore."
  5. Acceptance: "I may as well wake up, because the bathroom's on the other side of the house."

3 comments:

phlegmfatale said...

I think I'd have to come up with something evil to condition a creature NOT to lick my nose in the morning. Does the cat lick the nose before or after the alarm starts going off?

Paul said...

"Our" cat meows at the bedroom door when I get up to turn off the alarm. She runs in and stands on the hip of my wife, meowing until attention is given.

My wife usually leaves before I do in the morning, so I often sleep in. The cat never cares that I'm there, and doesn't bother me. But Heaven help my wife if she tries to sleep past 8 on a weekend.

Tam said...

"Does the cat lick the nose before or after the alarm starts going off?"

Oh, about 30 minutes before.

Despite having a brain the size of a chickpea, I swear that Random Numbers knows when the alarm is about to go off... :-\