Thursday, October 19, 2006

Boomsticks: Been there, done that, got the baggy jeans.

Jacqueline Passey is bemoaning the seeming impossibility of dressing flatteringly, and going armed. Been there.

She probably doesn't want my advice. At least, I'm pretty sure that "Give up" isn't what she's looking to hear. There are advantages to being old enough to be taking 1000mg a day of Fukitol as a dietary supplement.


(EDIT: I thought I had that picture somewhere on the hard drive from an old HighRoad thread... Wow. Those jeans were pretty baggy even then, and that was probably three or four years ago, prior to the CCA diet. They'd look like a circus tent on me now. I no longer own either the pistol or the holster, the crappy belt from The Gap has been replaced with a proper one from Milt Sparks, and the jeans I wear are a good two sizes smaller, but the concept's the same: Keeping the pistol behind the point of my hip allows it to lie flat against the curve of my back without crossing my lumbar spine. So there I am: Hopelessly unfashionable, but heavily armed.)

9 comments:

Porta's Cat said...

Is that your I.P.A. holster......?

;)

Anonymous said...

Keeping the pistol behind the point of my hip allows it to lie flat against the curve of my back without crossing my lumbar spine.

Everybody pay attention here, because Tam just said something very, very important!

Spinal injuries suck. Friends don't let friends carry small 'o the back.

Anonymous said...

I figured that would work ;)


Tam = obsessive compulsive sitemeter junkie

Anonymous said...

Whatever happened to old-fashioned girls wearing thigh holsters under frilly dresses?

(yes, I know they're impractical, it's a joke)

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

I like the holster and may stop by and check it out, especially if it will make my jeans look like that!

Matt G said...

Actually, Tam, I was just thinking that you looked quite fit there, having leaned up some from when we stalked the wiley stag and hog in GA in 2003. Now you say that you're in fact a good deal leaner, still? Wow.

Tamara used to lean heavily on vests. I have to admit-- she could dress purtier, if she didn't carry so many guns. (DON'T let her swing her purse at you, either. Dear gawd.)

Anonymous said...

What make & model holster is that? It appears to have an unusually high cut. I'm having a difficult time finding an IWB to hold the butt of my Para-P12 close & tight.

Bob Lewis
box4307@yahoo.com

Tam said...

That's a DeSantis "Inner Piece".

I've jettisoned it since in favor of the Galco Summer Comfort/Milt Sparks Summer Special II/Galco Royal Guard. (Depending on gun & attire...)

Anonymous said...

So there I am: Hopelessly unfashionable, but heavily armed.)

Guns, knives, jeans and Marlboros? Sounds fashionable to me.