Friday, November 02, 2007

Curse Wikipedia...

You'd think I'd know better than to even start. And yet...

Somehow this morning started off with the International Space Station and wandered through space tourism, Biosphere 2, the godawful Pauly Shore movie Bio-Dome, and via intervening steps I don't seem to recall, I've wound up reading the rules for ice hockey, which I have never watched or cared for and which now confuses me even more than it did before, if such a thing is possible.

Oh, and on this day in 1947, Howard Hughes did his high-altitude taxiing with the Spruce Goose.

7 comments:

karrde said...

"high-altitude taxiing..."

funny stuff!

freddyboomboom said...

The Spruce Goose is in the Evergreen Aviation Museum, right next to the SR-71 they have.

Just down the road a short hop from me.

It's seriously cool.

Anonymous said...

Well, that link just sent me on a 2 hour journey...

TheSev

Roberta X said...

I know it's made out of wood and it's only high-end 1940s tech, but the interior of the Spruce Goose, that's how spaceships were supposed to look!

(Ice hockey, Tam? And not lacrosse?)

Tam said...

It was obviously totally random...

Zendo Deb said...

And probably most (or some anyway) of the stuff in Wikiwhatever was actually true.

Anonymous said...

I don't know how I got there, but I wasted a chunk of time on Cricketing one day in Wikipedia and related links.