Monday, September 05, 2011

Took some time to celebrate, just one day out of life

Shootin' Buddy showed up at 0745 and we headed to LePeep for breakfast and thence to Iggle Crick.

Much powder was burned, as he has a class coming up in February and I'll be getting schooled by ToddG later this month, and a little bit of cramming to avoid coming down with That Guyitis never hurt anybody.


After shooting, we dropped off gear at Roseholme Cottage and took a field trip to the circle at the center of downtown Indy, dominated by the 284'-tall Soldiers' and Sailors' Monument, currently undergoing refurbishment. There was a crane looming over the circle, and the 38-foot Lady Victory, fresh back from a visit to the day spa for a facial, a mani-pedi, and a resharpening of her seven-yard broadsword, was patiently waiting to be hoisted back up.


A leisurely stroll around downtown, lunch and a 71 Pale Ale at the Ram brewpub, and home for a bit of a Labor Day nap. I'll catch you kids in the evening...

6 comments:

Moogie P said...

Sounds lovely.

Home on the Range said...

We took your advice and went downtown and saw Lady Victory.

The new paint on the house looks awesome. The stencil is the perfect though. Enjoy you two!

Keads said...

Sounds like a GREAT Labor Day! Yeah, I have one objective for next weekend with Todd. Don't be ThatGuy!

the pawnbroker said...

A fun and labor-free Labor Day! When you've rested up, check out Unc's link this morning to Codrea's piece on ATF's Hoosier strawman setup.

I saw shit like this coming when in '03 I was up for my first FFL renewal after 9/11 (a whole interview process instead of the normal and routine renewal by mail for a problem-free 25-year dealer? I passed and handed my license over to them), then experienced it vicariously when Clint, the guy I sold my store to in '05 and who went back into firearms, was visited by an FBI/ATF team looking for his "assistance" and threatening his licensed status.

Stymied on the private possession side, there is no doubt in my mind that these supply-side tactics/threats by federal regulation/enforcement in the guise of anti-tango efforts are in fact a backdoor effort at controlling distribution and consumption.

I wouldn't be in the biz again for love nor money...and anyone who knows me knows that those are the only two things on earth that matter to me. So I guess their plan is working. I'd be interested to know just how many FFL's made the same choice as me in the last ten years. Anybody got a figure on how many fewer FFL's now as opposed to early '01?

Old NFO said...

Good for you, fun and a break too :-)

staghounds said...

It was Labor Day, did you finish by watching The Molly Maguires? I love a happy ending...

Captcha: nonvedic- yes, thank you doctor.