Friday, November 22, 2013

I'll just leave this here...

Don't mind me. I was just talking about finish wear and kydex holsters elsewhere and I needed a place to park a picture to which I could link.

That's about two years' worth of wear and tear: Daily carry plus dry practice, classes, matches, two Blogorados, et cetera. Mostly a Dark Star Gear IWB, but also a little bit with a Blade-Tech OWB and a Dark Star Gear OWB. (With the light, that is. Before I had the light I used a Secret City Weaponeers K-25 and then a Blade-Tech/Looper Hybrid holster briefly before switching to a Raven Concealment Systems Phantom.)

8 comments:

Joseph said...

Is your holster blue?

Tam said...

Yes. The Blade-Tech isn't but the other two are.

Anonymous said...

Misread that as "fetish wear" at first. Thank you for that not being the case. I really didn't need that today.

staghounds said...

You say that like there is something wrong with it...

Tam said...

You're welcome.

Sigivald said...

"Capable of firing with magazine removed" makes me a little sad.

Not that it is so capable, mind you, but that it's felt necessary to print that on a gun these days.

mikee said...

If you have burrs inside your Kydex holster, they can be "melted" with Q-tip application of MEK, methyl ethyl ketone, the stuff sometimes used to weld PVC tubing together.

This solvent will really dissolve the Kydex, so use it like you'd use a Dremel to smooth your feed ramp: barely any at all.

I not only slept in a Holiday Inn Express last night, I also am a Chemistry PhD.

Steve Skubinna said...

Excuse me while I whip this out...