Monday, September 01, 2014

Savages!

Date of Manufacture, Left to Right: 1911, 1914, 1915, 1919, 1921
Having been more-or-less priced out of the Smith & Wesson Hand Ejector market, I have turned my attention to filling gaps in my Tip-Up and Top-Break Smith collections, as well as learning about Savage pocket pistols.

Above you may behold a selection of striker-fired, double-stack, vest-pocket-sized semiautomatic pistols that were marketed to tenderfeet and housewives more than a hundred years ago. I'll have fun learning the ins and outs of this particular field of firearms history!
.

4 comments:

Cincinnatus said...

Wow, they look great lined up like that.

Anonymous said...

Do you know if parts are still available? Might make a difference if you find a good deal on a non-functioning piece.

Merle

staghounds said...

Any gum in the lockwork?

libertyman said...

Geez, I am very fond of those little guys, having been introduced to one by my friend Dave. I wanted to trade my jointer for his 1907, but his family ties to it precluded that. So we exchanged dollars and I went on a search for a 1907. Which were then quite reasonable. One thing led to another, as they say, and I am not sure how many I have now, but I still like the workmanship and design of the darned things.

I think Jude Law totes a 1917 in the movie with Tom Hanks "The Road to Perdition"

Nice collection there, that's for sure.