Wednesday, September 16, 2015

:(

It's just a month shy of eight years ago that I remember running out on the porch of my old place in Tennessee and calling Marko on the phone to exclaim "Dude! You are not going to believe who just commented on my blog! Frank frickin' James!"

It wasn't long after that that I moved to Indy and met Frank at one of the first blogmeets we had here. What most impressed me about him at the time was what an encouraging mentor he was even then. Frank, a legend in the world of gun writing, treated me like a peer and never failed to provide encouragement. I learned a lot from Frank over the years.

All this is a roundabout way of explaining why the phone call I got tonight has left me just gutted.

'Bye, Frank. Thank you so much.


Michael Bane has penned a moving tribute.
.