Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Spring ahead...

Monday morning I grabbed the Glock 32 and a Smith & Wesson 31 and headed to Indy Arms Co.

With me I had fifty rounds of Speer Lawman 125gr TMJ .357SIG and fifty rounds of Fiocchi 100gr lead wadcutters in .32 S&W Long.

I ran the target out to seven yards and commenced with the blastin'. The bottom right target is fifty rounds with the Glock. I was holding the top edge of the front sight blade flush with the bottom edge of the red circle. I need to let a couple other people try it to make sure it's not just me, but the gun's going to wind up with aftermarket sights anyway, so...

The top right and bottom left targets each represent three full cylinders, eighteen rounds, from the Model 31. The top left target was the remaining fourteen rounds in the box. All were fired double action. As you might expect, the DA trigger on a 1971-vintage Bangor Punta J-frame is not a joy to run. If that narrow serrated trigger has a pull weight under twelve pounds, I'll eat my hat.

That makes 369 total rounds fired with three failures to go completely into battery (#63, #78, #126) and three failures to feed (#221, #224, #282). 1,631 rounds left to go.

I've got to order in more ammo for the gun, and also I'm going to contact Brownell's and order some eleven-coil magazine springs on the advice of a friend who loves him some Glock 32s. We'll see if that cures the FTF issue.