Wednesday, May 18, 2016

The Eight Hundred Club

Went shooting at Indy Arms Co. with Bobbi yesterday morning. I brought the Glock 32 and some of Lucky Gunner's .357SIG. I used a fifty round box of Remington 125gr FMJ and a fifty round box of Winchester 125gr FMJ, plus an extra twenty rounds of the Winchester because having my round counts end in "80" was bugging me.

I fired the 70 rounds of Winchester at the chest area of the B21 target. Round number 54 of the day (#734 of the test) was a failure-to-feed malfunction that was cleared by a sharp rap on the magazine floorplate. On round number 68 of the day (#748 of the test) the slide did not go all the way back into battery.

I have ordered 11-coil magazine springs and a 20# IMSI flat wire recoil spring from Lone Wolf just to do some tinkering around.

 The first magazine of the Remington was fired at the head zone of the target from a distance of fifteen yards. The red "sight picture" indicates my aim point at that range. I think the sights on this 32 might be off.

I then brought the target back in to seven yards and finished off the box of Remington. There were no further malfunctions.

That makes 800 total rounds fired since the firearm was last cleaned or lubricated, with four failures to go completely into battery (#63, #78, #126, #748) and four failures to feed (#221, #224, #282, #734). 1,200 rounds left to go.
.