Monday, November 24, 2014

Overheard in the Restaurant...

The view from the Bistro's porch. We ate inside because 40mph winds.
Went out for lunch at the Canal Bistro with Bobbi today, because I was nursing a serious saganaki mojo.

She had a Greek salad and a gyro and, having polished off my seared cheese, I ordered a cup of Turkish coffee to sip while she finished her meal. Well, having paid, I was lost in thought nursing my third thimble-full of prescription strength caffeine when she asked if I was ready to go.

Me: "Huh? Oh, okay..." *slugs down remainder of fincan*

RX: "You're not supposed to chug that!"

Me: "It's okay..."

RX: "What's your heart rate?"

Me: *checks carotid pulse* "About normal."

RX: "And that's...?"

Me: "I dunno. Two-, maybe three-hundred beats per minute?"
"Hang on, updating Facebook status."