Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Automotif XCIV...

Bobbi was working the early morning shift last weekend and I benefited from her weird work schedule, as she was eager to get something to eat after clocking out just before noon. She offered to spring for lunch three days in a row, an offer I gladly accepted. Because chow in Broad Ripple, amirite?

Saturday we pedaled to Petit Chou Bistro down on the canal, home of the best onion soup gratinee in town, so far as I've found. (If I have a lunchtime mojo for French onion soup, my neighborhood choices are the Aristocrat pub, Marco's, or Petit Chou, with the latter's standing head and shoulders above the other two.)

On the way there, I spotted this:

A 1993 Cadillac Allanté, the final year of production and identifiable by the presence of "32V Northstar" badges and the absence of the vent windows. A DOHC V-8 with 295bhp was rather a big deal in 1993, especially in a domestic car, but it wasn't enough to save the Frequent Flier Caddy. (The Allanté's body was assembled in Turin, Italy and flown by cargo 747s in batches of 56 to Detroit for final assembly.)