Saturday, June 20, 2015

Still Ticking

Fifty rounds of nasty steel-cased Wolf Polyformance 115gr FMJ and fifty of Remington's 147gr High Terminal Performance JHP loading went downrange via the Sig Sauer P320 this morning at Iggle Crick. First I've tried of the latter.

No malfunctions, although I again caught myself parking my thumb on the slide stop and preventing it from locking back on the empty mag twice. I've almost gotten shut of that issue, but it apparently still likes to crop up if I'm trying to run the gun fast.

The gun still has not been cleaned or lubricated in any way since I popped the latches on the box several months ago. The round count now stands at 1,150 with one dud primer (#903) and that weird failure-to-feed (#978). In just 850 more, the gun gets a bath...or at least some lubricant.
.