Tuesday, June 30, 2020

"In Boston, we have our hats..."

I've explained the story before, but for the new people, here it is again:

I was in my local gun shop to use the indoor range for the first time since...*checks iPhone photo library*...March 5th, and the first time in the shop since late March or early April.

The place was cleaned out. I didn't go look at the handgun showcases, but it looked like it was down to a handful of high-dollar 1911s and collector revolvers. The walls were nearly bare. A guy came in to buy some ammo and was told that, for the moment, the stocks were so low that they were only selling ammunition for use on the range or along with the purchase of a firearm.

Fortunately, this ain't my first panic, and I've got months of normal shooting with normal calibers to go before I gotta bust into the ammo cans that look like this...