Thursday, August 27, 2020

Unrealized Potential

Last year I had intended to carry the Langdon Beretta as a temporary stopgap until I picked a polymer-framed DA/SA gun with more mainstream pricing and finish out the year with it. One thing leading to another, I wound up carrying the LTT for the entirety of 2019 and into this year, until Milt Sparks got me fixed up with a Summer Special for the SP2022.

This means that instead of having already taken the Sig to a year's worth of classes and matches and shooting it a bunch on my own, I've had it in a holster for four months of apocalyptic ammo drought and no gun school. Lame.

I'd intended to switch back to something striker-fired next year after finishing up this project, but now I feel like I haven't given it a fair shake. I'm still torn, because I've wanted to get to putting in some real work with a MRDS gun.  My eyes aren't getting younger and if I'm eventually going to wind up shooting a dot for vision reasons, why not get a head start?

I dunno what I'm gonna do other than at least ride out the year with the SP2022.