Monday, February 15, 2021

Dodged too late!

Since midnight last night we've probably gotten a solid five or six inches of snow here in Broad Ripple. I just went out and shoveled the walks for the fourth time since this morning (well, three shovelings and a sweeping) and it's still coming down at an inch an hour and not supposed to let up until the wee hours before dawn. I'll probably go out and hit it at least one more lick with the shovel before bed.

I was thinking to myself "Wow, it's been a while since we've seen this much snow all at once. There was December 2012, and then before that was...let's see, the big one in January of '09, not long after I moved up here."

It turns out that it's because I've had good luck on the last couple big snowfalls. In March of 2018 I only saw some sleet and freezing rain at gun school in Terre Haute while Broad Ripple got an eight-inch shellacking, and in January of 2014 I missed a foot of snow while I was visiting Knoxville.