Sunday, June 18, 2023

Gratuitous Gun Pr0n #239...


I normally do my chrono testing at Marion County Fish & Game by setting my chronograph on a table in one of the pistol bays. Alas, the pistol bays are closed for maintenance and I was despairing of getting the chrono work done for the Reflex article in time. There was just no way to set up a table out on the main range.

Then I remembered that the chrono I use, an old Shooting Chrony Beta, has a standard camera tripod socket on the bottom, and Bobbi got me a lovely portable tripod, a 3 Legged Thing Travis, for my birthday a few years ago. Problem solved, especially since nobody else was using the main range on Friday morning, so it was easy to trudge over to the chrony to scribble down the data after each string.

I really need to get one of these self-illuminated ones that are compatible with use on an indoor range.

.