Thursday, April 06, 2006

Gadget Lust.

Pocket multitools are cool. I really like my Leatherman Juice KF4 (especially its hip anodized banana yellow color) but I was dumb enough to pick the only Juice in the lineup that didn't have... (are you ready for this?) ...a bottle opener. This means I normally have a Leatherman Micra clattering around in the same pocket as the Juice, simply for bottle-opening chores.

Prowling through SiteMeter today, I stumbled across Parallax Adjustment, where Shooter was crowing about opening a box from Atwood Knives.

Gadget freak heaven, baby.


Tool?

Art?

Pocket jewelry?

Who knows. All I know is I want one.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

A friend used to carry a demilled M-16 hammer on his keychain for bottle opening duties until someone else pointed out the expense and legal hassles this might “open-up” on a bad day.

The poor swords-into-plowshares, defense reutilization bottle opener somehow got lost swimming in the Potomac. Go figure.

A few minutes with a grinder and a drill and I bet I could make something cool out of a el-cheap-o AR-15 hammer

For the unwashed masses:

http://www.ar15.com/content/legal/ar15-m16parts/hammer.gif

Anonymous said...

Schweeeeet..

phlegmfatale said...

Yeah, that yellow leatherman is a sexay little thing - where can I get myself one of those?

Thomas J Wolfenden said...

I still have my original P-38 on my key ring. Best damn piece of equipment I ever got!

BobG said...

"I still have my original P-38 on my key ring. Best damn piece of equipment I ever got!"
I've still got one I got in 1968 from a can of rations, works just fine.
I also keep a Leatherman Wave on me, though.

Anonymous said...

you should check out the stuff he keeps on the Area 51 page. Pretty kewl.

Les Jones said...

Nice. The A.G. Russell tweezers are pretty cool, too. For, you know, tweezers.