Thursday, April 06, 2006

Gadget Lust.

Pocket multitools are cool. I really like my Leatherman Juice KF4 (especially its hip anodized banana yellow color) but I was dumb enough to pick the only Juice in the lineup that didn't have... (are you ready for this?) ...a bottle opener. This means I normally have a Leatherman Micra clattering around in the same pocket as the Juice, simply for bottle-opening chores.

Prowling through SiteMeter today, I stumbled across Parallax Adjustment, where Shooter was crowing about opening a box from Atwood Knives.

Gadget freak heaven, baby.


Tool?

Art?

Pocket jewelry?

Who knows. All I know is I want one.

9 comments:

Standard Mischief said...

A friend used to carry a demilled M-16 hammer on his keychain for bottle opening duties until someone else pointed out the expense and legal hassles this might “open-up” on a bad day.

The poor swords-into-plowshares, defense reutilization bottle opener somehow got lost swimming in the Potomac. Go figure.

A few minutes with a grinder and a drill and I bet I could make something cool out of a el-cheap-o AR-15 hammer

For the unwashed masses:

http://www.ar15.com/content/legal/ar15-m16parts/hammer.gif

Adam said...

Schweeeeet..

phlegmfatale said...

Yeah, that yellow leatherman is a sexay little thing - where can I get myself one of those?

Ranger Tom said...

I still have my original P-38 on my key ring. Best damn piece of equipment I ever got!

BobG said...

"I still have my original P-38 on my key ring. Best damn piece of equipment I ever got!"
I've still got one I got in 1968 from a can of rations, works just fine.
I also keep a Leatherman Wave on me, though.

Anonymous said...

you should check out the stuff he keeps on the Area 51 page. Pretty kewl.

Justin said...

I stole your the picture and posted it on my blog. Looks like a pretty nifty tool, so I ordered one up.

No more opening beers with my teeth for me!

Steve Skubinna said...

Leatherman Crunch. It's a bit more complex to open up than a standard Leatherman, but it's sure handy having a set of locking pliers around.

And I still have a couple P-38s (or John Waynes).

Les Jones said...

Nice. The A.G. Russell tweezers are pretty cool, too. For, you know, tweezers.