Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Blog Stuff: Blog world meets Real world.

I came strolling back into the showroom from gunsmithing yesterday to be greeted by one of the salesguys saying "Hey, there was this guy in here just a moment ago who saw you walk out and said 'Was that Tamara? I know her from her blog.' He said he was from Arizona."

Loud squealing noises as my mental geartrain engaged. Arizona... Blog... "Did he have kind of a goatee?"

"Yup."

"Hmmm. Cowboy Blob's from Arizona, and he's visiting kinfolk back East. I wonder if he's driving through on the way home."

Indeed he was.

We chatted for a bit, after the obligatory "Gosh, you're tall," ;) ("Five twelve without my Very Tactical Boots on.") and then he was back on the road, burning up miles headed west into the sunset, as all good cowboys do.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. He should have warned someone. I'd have stopped in to say howdy.

-SayUncle

phlegmfatale said...

Hey, that's a great idea! Someday I'll be on a roadtrip through your neck of the woods and I'll take the opportunity to make a firearm purchase.

Cowboy Blob said...

Gee, I was only 3 hours further away than Kirk. I used to have all my Times On Target computed by officers. All I could shoot for was "before quittin' time," and if I didn't make it, no one would be the wiser.

BTW, I hit home at 10 pm...same as always (and no officers to compute it for me!)

Cowboy Blob said...

Picture here:
http://photos.yafro.com/pics3/i/20060601/09/1/0/6/106a26b6c92c9b12c616e9d8f72deeda200606010_full.jpg

Slightly PhotoShopped picture (and Caption Contest) here:
http://cowboyblob.blogspot.com/2006/06/caption-contest.html