Monday, October 16, 2006

IRS agent slain by Immolation.

Co-workers are in shock at the tragic Immolation death of IRS Agent Fred Jablonski. Jablonski, a six-year veteran of the agency, had been sent to audit the treasure chambers of Timmy Smith, a 16-year old Warlock and paper boy who resided in both The Undercity, and Cedar Rapids, Iowa.

Smith is currently the leading suspect in the slaying, but couldn't be reached for comment because he was in school. The timing of the ambush was suspicious, coming only minutes after the IRS branch office in the Undercity was overrun by hordes of protesting undead and demons. "If they come audit me, " exclaimed one protester, "they'll be lucky if all I do is set 'em on fire!"

Morale among agents in WoW seems to be at an all time low. "I could have been investigating hookers in Second Life, but nooo! I'm stuck here watching my buddies get incinerated by Clearasil-using wizards. Tell me this isn't a punishment posting. I dare you." muttered one agent, on condition of anonymity.

7 comments:

theirritablearchitect said...

Shades of a recently completed novel, I see.

What prompted it, if I may ask, other than the audacity of tax agents at sticking their noses where they clearly don't belong?

Tam said...

Actually, that was the first thing that popped into my head when I read the Reuters blurb about the .gov looking into virtual property in game worlds.

How very Neal Stephenson...

Anonymous said...

So Tam, have you read Snow Crash? If so, is it good?

Tracy

Anonymous said...

Hmm. I need to find out if my priest can claim tax-free status in WoW ...

Anonymous said...

Well, we now have every on line gamer supporting the Fair Tax. This is a good thing I think.

Geoff
Who notes: http://www.fairtax.org/

Paul said...

Tam,

You need to come play with us on Ursin. I've got lots of gold. :)

Admit it. You'd have a blast.

-Paul

phlegmfatale said...

Outrageous story made worthwhile in the end by your apt send-up. You're brilliant.