Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Overheard in the kitchen...

It's Girl Scout cookie time! Hooray!

Anyway, last night RobertaX and I were in the kitchen, doing some damage to a box of "all abouts"; cookies that are schmeared with a dollop of chocolate on the bottom and have some word related to girl scouting on the top. As we nosh, we're reading off the cookies to each other...

Me: "Courage."

RobertaX: "Confidence."

Me: "Friendship."

RobertaX: "Character."

Me: "'Nother courage."

RobertaX: "Waterboarding."

Me: "Huh?!?"

RobertaX: "Apparently they're a very up-to-date organization."

*Insert long pause as next row of cookies is divvied up.*

RobertaX: (obviously on some new train of through) "You know, somewhere on this planet there is a twisted individual paying a dominatrix to waterboard him."

Me: (still on previous conversation) "Dressed as a Girl Scout?!?!"

*'Nother long pause, this time for a helpless fit of the giggles."

Me: "This was mostly your schtick, I guess you get to blog it."

RobertaX: "No thanks. I don't think I want the Google hits I'd get from 'dominatrix', 'waterboarding' and 'Girl Scout'. Besides, my mom reads my blog."


Oh, and happy 96th birthday, Girl Scouts of the USA!

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are the first hit using waterboard girl scout dominatrix.

You are the second hit using waterboard girl scout after some link about Bill O'Reilly. Ewwww.

You are the third hit using waterboard dominitrix.

Chris

Anonymous said...

Where does the line form?

Mark said...

Uhhhh, me thinks you and Roberta need to get out more. Might I suggest you start a new think-tank of Snark?

Reno Sepulveda said...

And to think I turned my daughter on to this blog. See Mischa? I told you multiple cats are a warning sign.

Roberta X said...

Why, I am not sure I was even there at the time. Like the Russians used to say, "It didn't happen and it was justified if it did." Right?

Turk Turon said...

Mark,
A Snark-tank?

Zendo Deb said...

I'm *shocked* to discover that you support that blatantly anti-gun organization. Even if they do have kick-ass cookies.

Anonymous said...

"You know, somewhere on this planet there is a twisted individual paying a dominatrix to waterboard him."

Meanwhile Kim Kardashian gets her own teevee show due in large part to leaking a sex tape of herself getting pissed on by a fourth rate rapper.

Odd country, this.

breda said...

I've spent a lot of time imagining the deep philosophical and gun-related conversations the two of you must have, now that you share the same space.

Now I know. ;)

staghounds said...

Twisted?

No, for waterboarding it's Trendelenburg's position.

Sheesh, amateurs.

perlhaqr said...

I remember reading somewhere a bit ago about some reporter that found someone to waterboard him so he could report on it.

I haven't much sense of self-preservation, I guess, because one of my first thoughts was "I'd like to try that."

Tango Juliet said...

I'm lost again. Which one's dressed like a Girl Scout?

Anonymous said...

The Onion is a snark-tank.

Tam said...

"I'm lost again. Which one's dressed like a Girl Scout?"

When it comes right down to it, does it really matter?

Anonymous said...

"I'm lost again. Which one's dressed like a Girl Scout?"

When it comes right down to it, does it really matter?


No, it really does not. ;)

Mark said...

Number one hit on Google now, as long as you type it "Girlscout".

I'm just gonna lie here on the floor and laugh for a while, that OK?

Anonymous said...

Thanks. Just when I was finally recovering from the scene in Cemetary Man involving the zombie boy scouts you had to fill the niche with this...

Turk Turon said...

"I'm lost again. Which one's dressed like a Girl Scout?"

Uh, the Girl Scout?

I am going straight to hell.

Fletch said...

I'm pretty sure I'm going to enjoy these "overheard..." posts more now.

(not that I didn't enjoy them before :)

Anonymous said...

I wonder, has merely mentioning the concept brought Rule 34 into play?

Cybrludite said...

HTRN,

Careful, or they'll be testing Rule #34 from "Seven Habits Of Highly Effective Pirates" on you.

Rule #34: If you're leaving scorch marks, you need a bigger gun.

(Not that I wasn't thinking of the other Rule #34 too...)