Friday, April 09, 2010

Overheard in the Office:

Me: "If you're going to have gun laws, which we do, even though I think we shouldn't, then there has to be a definition of 'gun'. Otherwise you could say 'Well, I took the front sight off it, so it isn't a gun anymore, because I took it apart.' I mean, how far do you have to take it apart before it is no longer a gun?"

RX: "...ultimately, all laws are based on reductio ad absurdium. Er, absurdum."

Me: "Yeah, 'absurdium' is the ore they dig up to make laws out of."

RX: "Law is the dross from refined absurdium."

8 comments:

Baker M. Romeo said...

The Chairperson of the Lake rose, clad in glittering Regulite, and cast the Absurdium blade Expostfactibur toward Prime Minister Arthur...

I'll be here all weekend.

theirritablearchitect said...

You two are right on top of the situation, as usual.

Chuck Pergiel said...

Yahoo! Another element to add to my table!

Anonymous said...

Does Absurdium decay into Pelosium, or vice versa?

NotClauswitz said...

I thought Law was made in a sausage factory?

Drang said...

Absurdium is refined in a sausage factory.

Joanna said...

Mmmm, sausage ...

TBeck said...

You two need an early morning FM radio show. Forget Bob and Tom, it's Tam and Robbie...or Robbie and Tam. I dunno.