Saturday, April 21, 2012

A day in the life...

This morning I met commenter Global Village Idiot at Iggle Crick so that one of his squaddies could get some time cramming for marksmanship quals with my M&P15-22. His daughter was along for the ride and had a blast with the deuce-deuce M&P carbine and my Mk III 22/45. What can I say? I'm an enabler...

Then I met Brigid and PA State Cop for a sort of micro-blogmeet lunch out on the west side at Claddagh Pub in Plainfield. As a result, I horse-traded into the first Glock I've owned since 2004.

Got home, puttered around the house, and read a few more chapters in Voodoo Histories.

And now I am going to give in to the pillow's siren song...

8 comments:

Mark/GreyLocke said...

Tell GVI I said Hi, next time you run in to Him. Tell Em I siad Hi to her too.

DJ said...

Don't tease; what Glock did ya get?
Test-driving a Gen4, or something else?

(Curious about what it takes to get you back on that wagon, even temporarily)

Carteach said...

Oooo..... a Glock. I'd ask for the details... but it's a Glock.
Bet it looks a lot like the one I carry :-)

Robert McDonald said...

I'm curious about the Glock too. Saving it for a weekday post?

Tam said...

It's just an old Glock 19. I'd been meaning to do the deal for a while, since before I got the M&P; I was intending to switch from the 1911 to a G19.

I'll probably keep on with the M&P and use the Glock for a spare. Or vice versa. Whichever.

global village idiot said...

Thanks for the generosity and hospitality. Emily and squaddie had a great time.

For my part, after we parted company, I dropped squaddie off, then went to Tandy Leather Company to pick up some holster leather. I'm making a pocket holster for one of my Lodge Brothers who owns a Bersa .380.

It's nice when you can get your hobbies to pay for themselves!

Thanks again!
gvi

instinct said...

Now I'm upset. I've missed Claddagh since we moved away from Ohio so many years ago.

I had almost blocked the memory out and you brought it back... longing for fried pickles and good fish and chips now.

:(

Jennifer said...

You are an enabler. And I'm so glad