Saturday, April 28, 2012

There was a jingle, too...

I dreamed I met my roomie at an indoor range to do some shooting. It was the only indoor range I've been to with a dirt floor.

I'd forgotten to bring any .22, so I went to the counter to buy some. They were out of all CCI except for shotshells and CB Longs and Green Tag and suchlike, and completely out of Winchester and Federal. I bought the last carton of Remington Yellowjacket, leaving a couple forlorn cartons of unplated Remmie deuce-deuce as the only cheap ammo they had. The guy behind me in line was peeved.

Anyhow, in Dreamlandia, we were about to be invaded by $RANDOM_DREAM_FOREIGN_ARMY_WITH_ACCENTS and the government was trying to urge citizens to form themselves into armed neighborhood militias and resist even if the army got overpowered.

The catchy name for these that they came up with was "Zombie Squads", which I'll bet even Hussein himself would agree sounds a lot cooler than "Saddam Fedayeen". There was even a Public Service Announcement with a catchy jingle extolling the virtues of joining your neighborhood Zombie Squad. Now I have an earworm from a song that doesn't exist outside my head...

12 comments:

Roberta X said...

Lyrics? Something like, "Join the Zombie squad/It's so hip and mod/A great good way to help the U-S-A...!

"Bring your .22, a 1911 too/We'll whup 'em bad, invading's not okay."

"Fight the zombie horde/with a knife or sword/Won't you join the Zombie Squad today?"

(Aw shaddup, General Motors, just siddown and shaddup. You took Uncla Sam's money, Uncle's gonna seize yer old jingle. For the Zombie War. Get back in the fac'try an' make me a airplane!)

oddball said...

I'm guessing the folks at Zombie Squad may be amused by this post.

mikee said...

I look forward to your description of the first dream melody copyright infringement lawsuit you have to bring, to get dream royalty payments from unauthorized dream users. The dream Cease and Desist letter should at least contain the words:

"I hereby order you to cease and desist any and all supernatural activity and return at once to your place of origin or next parallel dimension."

Well, that ought to do it.

The Raving Prophet said...

That dream might actually make for a pretty enjoyable book. You may wish to discuss such things with your host at Castle Frostbite.

New Jovian Thunderbolt said...

SING IT! RECORD IT! The Zombie Squad world I live in must have it!

RabidAlien said...

LOL Yeah...that would make for an interesting book....at the end, after single-handedly fighting off hordes of $RANDOM_DREAM_FOREIGN_ARMY_WITH_ACCENTS minions, our intrepid hero hears this sound in the background...it sounds like...yes...its an alarm clock....*blinkblink* Aw, crap.

And then maybe the civil defense siren that sounded at the start of all this goes off...again...

Keith said...

If you would like you can visit and join the real life Zombie Squad here.

http://zombiehunters.org/

Don said...

Hurry! We're likely entering that magical point in the Zombie FadTrendination where you can write your book so that it mentions "Zombie Squads," contains no actual zombies, makes a few wisecracks and can be sold both to zombie fanboys and people who are starting to jump on the bandwagon to make fun of the excesses of the zombie marketing machines.

You can get me either way; I do either or both depending on which day you catch me.

Thomas said...

I want a special edition recording by Rihanna and Britney Spears.

NOW!

Roberta X said...

Yeah, but they have to dress up as me & Tam.

mikelaforge said...

How'd them Yellowjackets in Dreamland shoot? Work well in my old Savage 24S-D.

Anonymous said...

"Fight the zombie horde/with a knife or sword/Won't you join the Zombie Squad today?"

Sung by a Zombie Dinah Shore?