Thursday, April 19, 2012

A very Epicurean sort of day.

A trip to McKay's and lunch at Calhoun's yesterday with friend staghounds. Always a pleasure; a couple hours browsing the stacks, yummy BBQ, and conversation that leaves my brain feeling all stretched out and relaxed, like it's been doing T'ai chi.

Dinner last night at Brazeiros or, as Gunsmith Bob calls it, "The Meatening". It's like a movie title: Highlander VII: The Meatening. I can see Sean Connery and Clancy Brown dueling atop some ruined tower in a thunderstorm with big skewers of picanha, pausing only to bite off chunks of delicious sea-salt-crusted top sirloin. I know better than to be decoyed by the salad bar and sides: The objective at a churrascaria is to pack yourself with enough rare beef that you have to be rolled to the car.

8 comments:

New Jovian Thunderbolt said...

Fogo De Chao has the best looking salad bar I have seen ANYWHERE. So pretty. I didn't do anything but look at it, however. I'm with you there.

staghounds said...

My brain, on the other hand, feels all poised and fired up. How can one day have so much in it?

SGB said...

I thought salad bars were mere decorative items.

Anonymous said...

Damn, Tam, do you have _ANY_ idea how hard it is, walkin' around with this bucket 'round my neck ta catch the drool? Rare beef....yum. JohninMd(help)

Paul, Dammit! said...

... another post reminding me of why I married well. I spent the first 2 years of my marriage learning how to cook Churrasco from my wife and brother-in-law. All Brazilians are mostly insane, but my goodness they can cook. My wife will kill me sometimes with bills from Macy's and such, but I don't blink twice at a $200 fill-up from the butcher shop.

Aaron Burr said...

Guess who loves McDonalds?

http://www.evilconservatives.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=829&d=1334894963

Which is a link that most likely won't work.

Linoge said...

Brazeiros has been open for a couple of years now and we still have not managed to drag ourselves down to it, despite the non-stop glowing reviews... Of course, if there is one thing to be said for Knoxville, it is that it does not suffer in the "restaurant" department.

Grayson said...

Remember these words, because you will eventually read them again (from me OR Doc Nicol):

"Vegetables are what food eats."

Cheers.