Friday, September 18, 2015

Shots Fired

Wednesday I brought another hundred rounds of Lucky Gunner's .45ACP ammo along to work and, after I clocked out, I stepped onto the range to put it through the CCA 1911.

On round number fifty-seven of the day (#513 of the test) the gun experienced a failure-to-feed. It looked like it didn't go all the way under the extractor claw. It occurs to me that I probably should have scrubbed the breechface before starting the test. Oh, well, you can't un-ring a bell.

The FTF rather obviously threw me off my game, as evidenced by that egregious miss from the following magazine.

With 556 rounds through the gun at the end of Wednesday's session, the odd number began making me itch. So I dragged my bulk ammo can and an impromptu target out to lane one after work yesterday.
Fourty-four rounds of assorted S&B, Federal, and Winchester ammo later, there were no further malfunctions and the round count was now a nice, round number.

This brings the total rounds fired to 600 since the weapon was last cleaned or lubricated with one failure to go into battery on round #356 and a failure to feed on round #513. 1,544 rounds to go.
.