Wednesday, December 02, 2015

Pew! Pew! Pew!

I don't mean this to be "All Gun Test Range Notes, All The Time" but... Anyhow, I've got these two tests I'm trying to step along while I'm feeling my way into the schedule of a new job, so bear with me.

Today was my day off at the shop, so naturally I showed up bright and early with my test heaters to get some shooting done. I brought a hundred rounds of Lucky Gunner's Fiocchi .380 FMJ to run through the Sig P250...
I've mostly got that trigger finger placement issue under control, but when shooting at any kind of speed, it can creep back in.

The gun experienced a failure to go into battery on round #47 of the day, #447 of the test. I got as far as the "Tap" of "Tap, Rack, Bang" and that was enough to jiggle the slide closed.

That's 500 rounds fired since the gun was last cleaned or lubricated, with one failure to go completely into battery (#447). 1,500 rounds to go.

I also had fifty rounds of S&B 230gr .45GAP that I ran through Project Whimsy.

Have I mentioned that I really like the ZEV connector/NY1 trigger setup?

Dang if this pound puppy of a po-po trade-in Glock doesn't shoot like a house afire, though.

The Glock 37 has now fired 320 rounds since it was last cleaned or lubed, with one parts breakage. 1,680 rounds to go.
.