Friday, March 25, 2016

Grinding Away

So yesterday I took two hundred and fifty rounds of Federal American Eagle 115gr FMJ, courtesy of Lucky Gunner, to the range. On arriving there, I bought fifty additional rounds of Fiocchi 115gr FMJ, for a total of three hundred rounds of ammunition.

Does it look like I'm trying to get this test finished up?

Upper hole is fifty rounds of Fiocchi at seven yards, lower is a hundred American Eagle.
I began experimenting with my grip. Specifically, I began crushing down hard with my support hand and relaxing the grip of my strong hand just a little bit. This seemed to make it easier to concentrate on my trigger pull at any kind of speed. This is something I'll be playing around with more.

Between that and paying more attention to locking my wrists, I was actually able to track the sights some, since they weren't flying around quite so much.

...and this is all American Eagle. Fifty and a hundred again.
Anyway, the gun ran fine, eating up all three hundred rounds with no malfunctions of any type to report.

The Canik has now fired 800 rounds without cleaning or lubing and experienced nine failures to eject and nine failures to feed in the initial fifty, as well as one failure to fire (#221), one failure to lock the slide back (#350), and two more failures to eject (#323, #379). 1,200 rounds to go.
.