Saturday, August 04, 2012

Pedaling through Broad Ripple...

Woke up this morning and pedaled down to Einstein Brothers on Broad Ripple Ave for a couple bagels to go, and then back up to Fresh Market for breakfast fixings. The streets were quiet, the muggy air seeming to damp noises as well as shirt collars. The scenery, as always, was varied:

"I an' I th' Broad Riparian Navy, believe it."

Looks like he got his Cord running. It sounded good, too.
Four hundred and thirty five horses sleeping quietly on a side street.

12 comments:

Noah D said...

"I an' I th' Broad Riparian navy, believe it."

Oh, thank you. Somebody else remembers him. :)

JimB said...

That a real Cord or some kind of kit car?? I remember there was a Cord 5/8 a few years back.

Tam said...

JimB,

"That a real Cord or some kind of kit car??"

Oh, it's real. :)

Rob said...

I used to live in Northern Nevada, about 380 miles from the nearest bit of ocean, as the crow flies. Had a neighbor down the street who had a similar sized sailboat, maybe a little larger. Couldn't help but think the transportation costs would be a hell of a lot steeper than docking costs...

Old NFO said...

I'd take the cord over the Camaro ANY day!!!

Tam said...

Old NFO,

Roush Mustang, but yeah. :)

Roberta X said...

Alas, the 2-seater has some sad history.

JC said...

Some pigfucker just stole my 70s Nishiki road bike. I wanna kill. Kille. Kill KILL.
My only transport for the past 4 years (I was blind for much of the time).
Gawd, I'm pissed.

Larry said...

Camaro?????

*speechless*

Anonymous said...

Larry, the confusion comes from the 427. Those of us of a certain age see 427 and think Chevy, 428 was Ford.

Tam said...

farmist,

"Larry, the confusion comes from the 427. Those of us of a certain age see 427 and think Chevy, 428 was Ford."

I only have two words: "Side-Oiler. :D

Justthisguy said...

1650 is Merlin. 1710 is Allison, made in Indianapolis, as I'm sure you know, Ma'am.