Saturday, February 08, 2014

One of those days.

Cats often... I believe the delicate term is "hork".

Well, not often often, but somewhat more frequently than most humans that aren't either three months old or attending a frat party. This may have something to do with their hairbrush being built into their tongue, and so their digestive tract has to deal with what humans would pluck out of our combs.

Because my desk chair has a cloth seat cover, and is warm from being sat in, and smells like "Mommy", it's one of Rannie's favorite places to lie down, at least on those occasions when I've forgotten to put it under my desk.

Knowing this, I have always kept an old folded tee-shirt on the seat cushion, for as long as I've had the chair and the cat. Just in case.

This morning, I am pleased to say, my foresight finally paid off.

Then I went outside to find that a bird had crapped squarely on the driver's side door handle of my car.

Some days it just isn't worth the effort it takes to pick the lock on the cage in the mornings.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I swear that birds crap on certain things on purpose and they have pretty good aim, too.

og said...

They make you chew through the straps AND pick the lock? Bastards.

Anonymous said...

Da-yum Tam....
Go back to bed while you can.

Scott J said...

They will hork less if you let them lick a little dab of Vaseline off your finger.

The extra lube allows them to pass rather than hork the hair.

I need to get back into the habit of doing that with ours.

Bob said...

This cage, I suppose you mean?

Old NFO said...

At least it wasn't in the middle of your pillow... sigh

Kevin said...

Og, I have that T-shirt.

http://www.roadkilltshirts.com/SOME-DAYS-ITS-JUST-NOT-WORTH-CHEWING-THROUGH-THE-RESTRAINTS-T-SHIRT-WHITE-INK-P13467.aspx

AuricTech said...

I suspect that this cage might be more applicable, Bob.... ;-)

Ritchie said...

Pet stores will have varieties of cat digestive aid (grease) in tubes. It comes in several flavors, and when you find the flavor the kitties like, they will lick it off your finger willingly. Do not discount the jealousy effect here. It will be a great benefit to them, and thus, you.

Anonymous said...

Bird crap! No big deal; I have 5 brown fertilizer spreaders in the back yard right now. Local black tail like my place for naps and in thanks for a lush place to sleep, they fertilize the lawn.
bob

Anonymous said...

Do not ignore the omens of the gods or risk their wrath.

We had a bluebird that would fight his reflection on my trucks side mirror and literality beat the shit out of himself every day.

I ended up moving the truck.

Gerry

Ed said...

Ah! Onomatopoeia! A polysyllabic word of Greek origin which describes something which does not sound anything like like the word:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Onomatopoeia

It is amazing that Urban Dictionary has many entries for "hork", but not so much for ordinary online dictionaries:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Hork&defid=202266

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/hork

Wasn't it Dr. Seus' "Cat in the Hat" main character who wrote a book within a book, "Horton Hears a Hork"? ""A hairy hork, at that", said the Cat."

For non-Seusical giggles, because of the Sochi Olympics, I attempted an onine translation of the English word "hork" to Russian, which yielded "Hork":

http://translate.reference.com/translate?query=hork&src=en&dst=ru

"Hork" - a word in the universal language.

Robert said...

Could be worse. Could leave the top down on the Z3 and come back to find one has scored a bullseye on the drivers seat...

Skip said...

I gotta steal the 'chew the straps/pick the lock'.
We need that around here too.