Monday, May 29, 2017

Thursday's shooting session...

Brought the Glock 29 along with me to work on Thursday, along with a fifty round box of Armscor 180gr FMJ ammo. I'd added a Ghost "Bullet Forward" slide release, mostly to try the thing. I've pretty much settled on using the Vickers releases on my G-locks, but I hadn't tried this option yet, and Dave Spaulding had recommended it, so... I'm doing this for you, internet.

Clamping the pistol in a death grip seemed to get the off-center light strike problem out of the picture...or it did mostly, anyway. I only experienced one, on the thirty-fourth round of the day (#156 of the test).

This makes 170 rounds fired since the gun was last cleaned or lubed, with six failures to feed (#2, #3, #12, #13, #22, #23) and eight failures to fire (#4, #7, #9, #15, #17, #26, #64, #156). 1,880 rounds to go.
.