Thursday, December 03, 2020

Project...

As an introvert, straight-up asking someone if I can take their photo is very, very hard. So I've decided that I'm going to cope with the simultaneous onset of my bout of Seasonal Affective Disorder...made doubly bad by 2020 being a 'year without a summer'...and the tail end of the Time of the 'Rona with a new photography project.

Neighbor. Canon EOS-1N, EF 24-105mm f/4L IS, Fujicolor Pro 400h

I'm going to ask people, specifically my neighbors and the people in my neighborhood I see on a regular basis, if they'd mind if I shot an impromptu portrait of them. The hook? I'm shooting film, and if the picture's good I'll print them a 5x7. (If the picture's bad, neither they nor anyone else will see it. If you want people to let you take their photo, always junk the obviously bad ones.)

The Fat Dan's Crew. Canon EOS-1N, EF 24-105mm f/4L IS, Fujicolor Pro 400h

The fact that it's on film makes for a good conversational opener!

.