Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Suboptimal


I was not displeased with the results at five yards. Five shots offhand went into a reasonably small cluster. Things were a lot more difficult at ten yards. The holes in the paper at first made me wonder if they might be keyholing at that distance, but the holes in the backer were circular.

Extracting the spent steel cases of the TulAmmo required the assistance of a tool. I used the small flathead blade on the Leatherman Rebar I keep in my range bag, and the bottom chamber was noticeably stickier than the top one.

I also couldn't help but note that at both distances, the point of impact was noticeably low. On the lower A-zone, I centered the front sight halfway down the vertical centerline of the gray triangle. On the upper A-zone, I put it on the bridge of target dude's nose, right between his running lights.

.