Thursday, June 30, 2022

The humidity is back today.

Getting to the indoor range with mags already loaded and ready to go as soon as it's open is going to be first thing on my agenda today.

I usually just use my sunglasses for eye protection in the range (Wiley X Peak shades) which can be difficult at times. It's a brightly lit range but yesterday I had plain black irons against a plain black target with no contrasting aiming point, and once the dark tinted sunglasses started fogging up good, there was a lot of guesswork involved.


I'm trying to get my speed back to something like normal. It's gone to hell because recoil control is something that you can't mimic with dry fire. I was just drawing an imaginary line between his armpits and trying to keep the front sight in the middle of it and let fly every time it settled in the notch... or I thought it settled in the notch. It was hard to tell with the glasses all fogged.

.