Thursday, September 29, 2005

Boomsticks: Everybody's doing it, so why shouldn't I?

Well, we got some Yugo Model 59 SKS's in at the shop. They're very reasonably priced. I don't currently have an SKS (sold my last Norinco years back.) These are very reasonably priced. They don't have all that goofy grenade-launching crap hanging off the muzzle. They're dirt cheap. Did I mention I don't have an SKS? And that they're almost free?

I'm about half a beer away from convincing myself that not only is it un-American for me to not own an SKS of some sort, but that I don't have anything better to do with my funds this paycheck, and that Ramen Pride noodles taste good.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is sorta tempting. I've got a 59/66 and it works great. I've thought about buying another. All the ironmongery on the end is sorta heavy, though. A 59 might be just the thing.

- Les

Countertop said...

How much is sort of cheap.

I don't have an SKS (or any 7.62x39 anymore) and may be in Knoxville later this month.

Is there a problem selling a rifle to someone from Virginia?

Tam said...

Wholesale prices on these seemed to be running in the $150-$160 range, keeping me determinedly uninterested, but I managed to snag a deal on a bunch of 'em that lets me put them on the floor for $165. Matter of fact, I'm definitely scoring one for myself...

Anonymous said...

Every home should have one! I've got two Norincos (my cheapness was much more dominant over my political awareness in my youth). Post pics!

Anonymous said...

Oh, wait. I just remembered I'm buying a Garand this month. Never mind!

- Les

Anonymous said...

I went by the shop to shoot last night and looked at the 59. Looks good, and lots lighter than the 59/66. If I didn't already have an SKS (and wasn't buying the Garand), I'd be sorely tempted.

- Les

Tam said...

"Looks good..."

Why thank you. :-)

(I spent some time crawling through a crate of 24 rifles with a critical eye and a headspace gauge to pick out the best eight.)