Monday, November 14, 2005

Bikes: Oh, frabjous day! Now you can profit from my good luck!

Okay, Plan A was to use the VF1000F as a commuter and occasional project bike, while the Zephyr 550 was going to be a backroad playbike.

This plan got turned on its ear when I was offered the chance to buy a 1990 Honda CB-1. Faithful readers will remember that I pine after a good, sporty 400cc lightweight, and the CB-1 has long been one of my dream bikes.

Unfortunately, I need three motorcycles about like I need a hole in my head, so one has to go. Ergo, the Interceptor goes on the block:

For Sale: 1984 Honda VF1000F Interceptor, good condition, ride as-is or restore, 11,700 miles on the odo. $1000 firm. (That's only $1 per cc!) I'll probably put it on eBay when I get home tonight, but I figured I'd give y'all the first crack at it...

EDIT: It's on eBay now.

4 comments:

Paul said...

*whimper*

My wife won't let me. Maybe I can just keep it at a u-store-it place?

Anonymous said...

Man, if only you were closer! I've been looking for a decent $1000 bike for back and forth to work for the last 6 months. They don't seem to exist up here in CT. *sigh*

Anonymous said...

Ditto here. I'd fly out there from here in Seattle for a 1000cc Intercepter. I'd probably end up paying a couple grand to my chiropractor after I got back into town tho, I've heard they'er not so comfortable for LD riding.

I bought my 84 VF1100 Sabre for exactly that much in March of '04, and I haven't regretted going cheap all that much. Just when my starter solenoid and main fuse assembly literally 'fused into one hunk of metal' about 35 miles from home. Rode it the 500+ miles & 2 days home on the morning I bought it.

Tam said...

They're actually pretty plush; as I mentioned elsewhere, I've done a thousand mile day on a VF700F before (Kansas City to Atlanta), and I still have both my butt cheeks.