Friday, March 03, 2006

Blog Stuff: Well, at least he knows I'm that way in real life now...

So, as Lumpy's shindig was getting cranked up at the Armory yesterday, I flagged him down to let him know I was attempting to liveblog it.

Lumpy: "Oh, is that your blog? Neat."

Me: "I don't know how much attention it'll draw, but I do get a few hundred hits every day. I even got some good linky-love from that pinko liberal Michael Silence the other day."

Lumpy (looking over my shoulder): "Hi, Michael!"

Mr. Silence: "I've been called worse."

Me: "..." [scurry off and try to look busy while blushing furiously]

Talk about your impeccable timing; if my life was a sitcom, the canned laughter would have been played right then.

To his credit, Michael was charming and affable, and didn't hit me or challenge me to a duel or anything. Thanks for that. ;)

5 comments:

Kirk said...

Heh...

The look on your face must have been priceless...

Les Jones said...

Heh. Not the first time Michael's been to the armory, either.

Alston said...

It was hilarious, I was standing about 10 feet away. I'd laugh harder, but this sort of humorous self-embarrasment is supposed to be my schtick, so I have no room to mock.

AdaM said...

All I could do was sit there behind the counter and snicker, while Tam's face turned a nice shade of crimson.

Oh! the times I wish I had a camcorder..

Cowboy Blob said...

Wonderful! The duel was a no-go from the start...tradition is that the challangee gets to choose weapons. He's sure you wouldn't have chosen sledgehammers in five feet of Lake Ponchartrain.